Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Texas
There are 10 Medigap plans available to choose from.
- Of the 10 plans offered, we found Cigna's Medicare Supplement Plan G offers the best value for Texas residents shopping for Medicare Supplement coverage, offering broad benefits at a monthly premium of just $93.30.
- Cigna's Plan N is an excellent option if you want budget-friendly insurance without sacrificing quality. At just $65.24 a month, it provides great value for your money.
- Cigna's High Deductible Plan G is a great, affordable coverage option for Medicare beneficiaries, costing only $33.53 per month. The plan provides access to the same benefits as Plan G after you meet the annual deductible of $2,700.
The following is additional information on the most beneficial Medicare Supplement plans, including benefit highlights and the companies that offer competitive prices.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
- Medigap Plan G covers the same benefits as Plan F except for the Medicare Part B deductible (Part A deductible is covered).
- Available to all Medicare beneficiaries 65 or older who have Medicare Part B.
- An excellent option for Texas beneficiaries who qualify for Plan F but want a lower premium.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan N
Cigna High-Deductible Plan G
- Same Benefits as Medicare Plan G
- Annual Deductible of $2,490
- Significantly Cheaper than Medicare Plan G
- Considerably Cheaper than High Deductible Plan F yet Covers everything in high deductible F except for the Part B Deductible
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Texas?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Texas is $93.30 per month with Cigna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Texas
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Texas for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
Top Medicare Supplement Insurance Companies in Texas
These are some of the biggest Medigap companies in Texas:
- United Healthcare
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Insurance Company
- Banker Fidelity Life Insurance Company
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company
- Globe Life and Accident Insurance
- Mutual of Omaha
- Physicians Mutual Insurance Company
- State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance Company
- USAA Life Insurance Company
When can I apply for a Medicare Supplement plan?
The Medigap Open Enrollment Period is a six-month window starting with the first day of the month you turn 65 or older. However, it would help if you first enrolled in Medicare Part B.
In Texas, state law requires private health insurance companies to sell Medigap policies to beneficiaries under 65 who have a disability or end-stage renal disease (ESRD).
During the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, a Medicare insurance company must:
- Sell you a Medigap plan in Texas for a rate unrelated to your health conditions.
- Waive the waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
Although you can apply outside the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, you will be subject to medical underwriting requirements. The exception is if you have guaranteed issue rights.
Scenarios for guaranteed issue rights include:
- You are losing a Medicare Advantage plan because it ceased coverage in your area, or you will no longer participate with Medicare.
- You moved out of the area that your plan services.
- Your coverage under a group health plan is ending – this may include employee, retiree, or COBRA coverage.
- You are within the time allowed to switch back to Medigap after enrollment in Medicare Advantage or Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
- You lost a Medigap policy through no fault of your own.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha, and Florida Blue Medicare. So give us today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G in your state. We educate you on the best Medicare plans for your situation, then let you decide.
Can I be denied Medigap coverage?
Outside the Medigap Open Enrollment Period, an insurer can deny coverage for health reasons unless you have guaranteed issue rights.
When can I change Medigap plans?
You are protected by federal law if you want to switch during the Medigap Open Enrollment Period or if you have guaranteed issue rights. Otherwise, your application will go through the underwriting process and can be denied.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online