Medicare Supplement Plan G
Medicare Supplement Plan G has become one of the most popular Medigap plans for United States Medicare beneficiaries to choose from. Medicare covers a lot throughout the calendar year, but you might be hoping for more coverage. With a more affordable monthly premium than the most popular of the plan options — Medicare Plan F — Medicare Supplement Plan G is an option that you should definitely look into. If you are enrolled in the federal Medicare program and are hoping to reduce your medical expenses, we can help you learn more about Medigap Plan G and can help you find the best insurance company to purchase your plan from.
What is covered by Medicare Supplement Plan G?
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A coinsurance
- Doctor’s office visits
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Foreign travel care in emergencies
- 3 pints of blood when needed for a medical procedure
What is not covered by Medicare Supplement Plan G?
Even though Medigap Plan G offers comprehensive coverage, there are some things that are not covered by any Medicare Supplement insurance options.
These are some of the things that will not be covered:
- Cosmetic procedures and cosmetic surgery
- Vision care, such as eye exams, eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Hearing care, such as hearing exams or hearing aids
- Dental care, such as dental appointments or dentures
- Prescription medication
- Medical equipment that is not deemed medically necessary.
How much does Medicare Supplement Plan G cost?
Here are the prices for a 65-year-old non-smoking female living in 78240 Texas.
65-Year-Old Female Non-smoking
Plan G $111.78 - $132.62
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan G?
For the first six months after signing up Medicare Part A and B, you will be in your Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
This six month period is important for a few reasons. First of all, signing up for Medicare Supplement Plan G plan right away will allow you to enjoy savings on your health care from the beginning. Secondly, the health insurance provider cannot turn you down for coverage because of medical underwriting reasons. You cannot even be charged a higher rate for medical issues during this period.
If you miss the deadline, though, all is not lost. If you want to become one of the beneficiaries are a high deductible or another plan, we can help. Give us a call, and we can talk to you about your options for Supplement plans and can help you find the right one for you.
How are Medicare Supplement Plan G & Plan N different?
When doing a comparison of pricing from plan to plan, you might have found that Medigap Plan N is one of the cheapest plans. You could be wondering if it is a plan that you should consider instead of Plan G because of the cheaper monthly prices.
- How are benefits different from Plan G compared to N? – Of the different Medicare Supplement Plans, Plan N has fewer benefits than more popular options like Plan F or Plan G. You will have noticeably less coverage and will only have basic benefits with Plan N. With Plan G, you will have much more comprehensive coverage.
- How do the rates compare to Plan N? – Of course, even though it offers less coverage than some of the other Medicare Supplement plans, Plan N does have its benefits. It is one of the cheapest of the Medicare Supplement plans. This makes it a decent option if you don’t mind sharing some of the costs of going to the doctor’s office or the hospital. For example, those who don’t have many health issues but who want some extra coverage often find that Plan N is a good choice.
- Is there a change in my access to doctors or hospital networks compare to Plan N? – You do not have to worry about network restrictions with any of the Medicare Supplement plans.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online