Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the two most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plans. In addition, Plan G is the most comprehensive Medigap plan because it covers all of the Original Medicare gaps except for the Part B deductible.
There are a few things you should know about Medicare Plan G:
- First, Plan G has the best option for low monthly premiums with high-deductible options.
- Plan G includes foreign travel emergency care and Medicare Part B excess charges.
- Approximately 1.4 million Medicare beneficiaries chose the Mutual of Omaha insurance company for supplemental policies in 2020.
- Don’t confuse Mutual of Omaha policies with the subsidiary United World Life. Both companies offer their insurance products with different terms and pricing.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits
Plan G is the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement policy for beneficiaries enrolling in Medicare Part B. It covers almost all gaps in the original coverage, leaving only the Part B deductible for beneficiaries to pay out-of-pocket. In addition, most outpatient medical services are fully covered for beneficiaries enrolled in Medigap policy G.
Plan G covers the following whether you select Mutual of Omaha as your insurance company or go with another leading insurer:
- Part A coinsurance
- Hospital inpatient costs (up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted)
- Copays for emergency room visits
- Part A hospice care copays or coinsurance
- Part A deductible
- Part B preventive office visit coinsurance
- Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Part B Excess charges
- First three pints of blood (for medical procedures)
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- 80% of foreign travel emergency care expenses (up to plan limits)
- Medicare Part B deductible is NOT covered by Plan G
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Cost
To illustrate potential rates for Medicare Supplement Plan G in 2022, we generated a quote for a 65-year-old female beneficiary living in El Paso County, zip code 79936.
Two things you should know about Medicare Supplement plan pricing:
- Mutual of Omaha uses attained-age ratings. That means your rates are based on your age when you enroll in the Medigap policy. The older you are, the more you’re likely to pay.
- The Household Discount can reduce your monthly premium by up to 12% if you live with someone 60 years or older, even if they aren’t Mutual of Omaha customers.
65-Year-Old Female Non-tobacco
Plan G $93.90 - $106.70
Rate Increase History
Mutual of Omaha rate increases tend to fall between 3% and 10%, comparable to many other insurance companies. Various factors can determine when a rate increases and how much it increases, but Mutual of Omaha tends to have lower and less frequent increases than small insurers that cannot sustain as much risk.
Since the company uses attained-age pricing to set rates, policyholders may notice rate increases as they age with the plan. That is common for insurance providers to use age attainment as a rating model.
There are a couple of things you should know about Mutual of Omaha rate increases:
- There is a 12-month rate lock that ensures your rate doesn’t increase within the first year.
- Beneficiaries can cancel their Medigap plan within the first 30 days without penalty.
Is a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G Right for You?
When you purchase Medicare Supplement insurance, you are freeing yourself and your family from worrying about financial catastrophe if you should fall ill. What better company to trust with your health and peace of mind than Mutual of Omaha? They have been a household name for over a century, and countless seniors in all 50 states have chosen affordable, top-of-the-line Medicare Supplemental insurance policies offered by Mutual of Omaha.
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G is one of the most comprehensive plans.
- No network limits; see any provider in the nation that accepts Original Medicare.
- Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and is a leader in the Medicare market.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online