Best Medicare Supplement Plans in Delaware
In Delaware, Cigna offer the best Medicare Supplement Plan G rates at $102.31.
There are 10 Medigap plans available in Delaware. These Medicare Supplement plans work alongside Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B). They pay for out-of-pocket expenses such as the Part A deductible, coinsurance, and copays and are offered by Private health insurance companies
Of the 10 plans available in Delaware, we selected the top 3 Medicare Supplement plans based on our years of experience and client engagement.
- We found that Cigna has the best rate for Plan G in Delaware at $102.31.
- The best price for Plan N is $84.37 with Cigna as well.
- High Deductible Plan G is the best low cost option and Mutual of Omaha has the best price of $37.82.
Here is a quick look at the best Medigap plans for 2023 in terms of coverage and costs.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan G
- When considering the various Medigap plans available, Cigna Plan G should be at the top of any beneficiary's list. It is a fantastic option that covers many out-of-pocket expenses not offered by some other plans. The sole drawback to this plan is you must pay your Part B deductible - something all beneficiaries need to factor into their decision making process.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan N
- If you're looking for a more economical option than Medicare Plan F or G, look no further: Cigna Medicare Plan N is a great choice. With it's lower premiums, it's an unbeatable way to save money while still receiving quality coverage.
With Plan N, you can enjoy multiple benefits, including but not limited to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- $0 Part A deductible
- Foreign travel emergency healthcare
- Maximum $20 copay for office visits
- Maximum $50 copay for an ER visit (waived if admitted)
Mutual Of Omaha High Deductible Medigap Plan G
- Once a deductible of $2,700 is met, Mutual Of Omaha High Deductible Plan G offers the same coverage as traditional Medicare Supplement Plan G. It's a great money-saving option since it comes at a much lower cost than standard Plan G.
Cigna Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Cigna Medicare Plan F provides unparalleled coverage, encompassing the Part A deductible and Medicare Part B deductibles as well as all coinsurance payments.
- To be eligible for the program, beneficiaries must have been enrolled in Original Medicare prior to January 1, 2020.
How Much Does a Medigap Plan Cost in Delaware?
The best price for Medicare Supplement Plan G in Delaware is $119.41 per month with Cigna.
Your age and plan choice will have the most significant impact on your premium.
Here you can see how the prices compare for several different plans:
High Deductible G
Plan Popularity in Delaware
Quotes are for sample purposes only. Prices are the average monthly rate in Delaware for a 65-year-old female nonsmoker. Part B start date and or medical underwriting may affect your rate.
When can I apply for a Delaware Medicare Supplement plan?
The ideal time to apply for a Delaware Medicare Supplement plan is during six months, called your Medigap Open Enrollment Period.
Open enrollment starts on the first day of the month when:
- You're 65 or older and
- Enrolled in Medicare Part B
Open enrollment is the preferred time because you have guaranteed issue rights. During open enrollment, the insurance company can't do certain things:
- Refuse to sell you a policy
- Charge you more because of your health condition
- Exclude pre-existing conditions (although they can make you wait up to six months before covering)
Under age 65
Suppose you are under 65 and qualify for Medicare due to a disability. In that case, your Medigap Open Enrollment Period is six months, starting from the month you first receive Medicare benefits. As a result, rates for these beneficiaries are higher than those 65 or older.
If you apply for a Medigap policy outside of open enrollment, the insurance company can require underwriting, charge you more, or deny coverage altogether.
There are, however, some situations outside of open enrollment where you have guaranteed issue rights:
- You have Medicare Advantage, and your plan leaves the area or terminates its contract with Medicare
- You move out of the service area of your Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan
- You lose coverage through an employer
- You join Medicare Advantage when you're first eligible for Medicare and return to Original Medicare within one year.
- You drop your Medigap insurance to join Medicare Advantage and leave Medicare Advantage within 12 months.
- Your Medigap coverage ends through no fault of your own
No Annual Election Period
Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage plans have an Annual Election Period where beneficiaries can change policies or insurers. However, in Delaware, Medicare Supplement plans have no Annual Election Period. So if you want to change policies or insurers, you'll probably be subject to medical underwriting.
When can I change Medigap plans?
You can change Medigap plans anytime, but be aware that you'll likely be subject to underwriting. Medicare Supplement insurance does not have an Annual Election Period where you can switch plans or private insurance companies and still have guaranteed issue rights.
Can I be denied Medigap coverage?
Coverage is not guaranteed if you apply for a supplement insurance policy outside the Open Enrollment Period and don't qualify for special enrollment. The Medicare insurance company can require underwriting. The insurance carrier can deny coverage if you don't pass the underwriting.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers, such as Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha, and Florida Blue Medicare plans. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state. We educate you on the best Medicare Plans for your situation, then let you decide.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online