Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans
Aetna Medicare Supplement plans provide additional coverage for those enrolled in Original Medicare Part A and Part B. Medigap plans are designed to help cover out-of-pocket expenses not covered by traditional Medicare, such as copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and more. With Aetna's range of supplement plans, you have the freedom to choose any medical provider that accepts Medicare assignment.
- Three of the best Medigap plans are Plan F, G, and N – each offering its own set of advantages.
- A Medigap plan gives you the freedom to see any doctor who accepts Medicare assignment, no matter where they are located.
- Premiums for Plan G range from $166.31 - $200.84 per month.
What Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans Does Aetna Offer?
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G
The only difference between Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan G and Plan F is that Plan G doesn’t pay for the Part B deductible. The annual deductible for Part B is $226.00 for 2023.
This means you might compare premiums and find that the price difference is more significant than that deductible amount. This makes choosing Medigap Plan G a pretty frugal decision. There’s little sense in paying more to insure something than it would cost you in the first place.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N
These are some highlights of Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan N when compared to Plan F:
- Medigap Plan N imposes more cost-sharing. Examples include $20 copays for trips to the doctor or a $50 copay to an emergency room.
- It doesn’t pay for excess charges or the Part B deductible. So you will probably want to be sure that your medical providers take Medicare Assignment.
A modest copay for a doctor’s visit or a rare visit to an emergency room won’t upset their budget much. In this case, they may find that Aetna Medigap Plan N offers them the best choice. In some areas, the price difference between plan F and plan N might be $50 to $100 monthly. That price difference can make up many $20 copays for a doctor’s visit.
If you need to go to the emergency room but aren’t admitted to the hospital, you may have to pay a $50 copay. But, simultaneously, you might save that much or more a year on the cheaper option of Plan N.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F
With Aetna Medigap Plan F, you get coverage for all of the gaps in payment left by Original Medicare. This includes plan options for foreign travel emergencies and charges exceeding Medicare allowances.
Some of the health insurance coverage that you can enjoy by choosing Medigap Plan F, despite its higher monthly premium, include:
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Medicare Part B coinsurance
- Hospice care coinsurance
- Skilled nursing facility care/inpatient hospital stays
- The first three pints of blood when needed for a medical procedure
- Wellness visits
- Office visits with your doctors and other healthcare providers
Before you choose a less comprehensive plan like Plan A or Plan N, you should talk to an insurance agent to discover the benefits of Medicare Plan F through a company like Aetna Health and Life.
How Much Do Aetna Medicare Supplement Plans Cost?
Here are example prices for a Florida resident living in 32244:
65-Year Old Male Non-smoking
Plan F $197.67 - $248.34
Plan G $166.31 - $200.84
Plan N $133.78 - $160.86
The pricing for Medigap policies through Aetna depends on which plan you choose, where you live, personal health conditions, and how your insurer rates monthly premiums.
Is Aetna a Good Medicare Supplement Company?
Aetna can trace its history to its beginnings as a life insurance company in the 1850s.
- This Aetna health and life insurance company made the news and generated good press when they offered life insurance policies to the country’s first astronauts before they went to space in the 1960s.
- Through their foundation, they also began acting in charitable causes in the 1970s.
These are some notable facts about the size of this established insurance company:
- A.M. Best rating: A
- It offers a 30-day guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with your choice of a Medigap policy.
- Use your Medicare Supplemental insurance with almost any medical provider who will accept Original Medicare.
- You can enjoy stable, standardized benefits that won’t change yearly as many Medicare Advantage insurance companies do.
- Nationwide, about 90 percent of supplemental insurance policy owners said the plan did what it expected.
- Five-year yearly growth rate: 13 percent
- Number of employees: About 50,000
- Total number of clients: Almost 47 million
When Can I Enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan?
The good news is that there isn’t a yearly Open Enrollment for Medigap plans. To qualify, you must have Part A and B of Original Medicare.
However, there are only certain times when you can enjoy Guaranteed Enrollment Periods. The most common of these starts during the month when you first qualify for Part A and B and lasts for six months. At other times, you may get another Special Enrollment Period if you leave a company’s service area, lose your policy because of something the insurance company did, and so on.
You can apply for Aetna Medicare Supplement plans at any time. However, you might have to answer health questions if you don’t have a Guaranteed Enrollment Period. Even if you have some typical medical conditions associated with aging, you might still qualify for standard rates. But, of course, there is a chance that some medical issues might cause a decline or get you charged higher rates.
Please note: We are not Aetna; this is our general opinion of Aetna Medicare Supplement plans. Refer to your complete policy for full coverage details.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medigap options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with some of the nation's top-rated Medigap carriers. So give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about Aetna Medicare Supplement plan G and Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement plan G in your state.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online