Medicare Advantage Plans in Oklahoma
A Medicare Advantage plan in Oklahoma is an all-in-one plan that contains three parts: Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, and Medicare Part D. This bundled coverage ensures hospital insurance, medical insurance, and prescription drug coverage.
Medicare Advantage consists of four types of plans, and they offer primary care physician selection, hospitals, and facilities in service area networks. Medicare Part A and Part B make up Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage often called Part C. Medicare Advantage in Oklahoma, is a more popular option than Original Medicare. Part C has additional coverage and benefits provided by private insurance carriers.
Medicare Part C coverage is also called an MAPD plan because it has built-in prescription drug plans. Specific Medicare Advantage health insurance plans will also have additional benefits such as vision and hearing, dental, gym memberships (SilverSneakers), and telehealth visits.
If you should have end-stage renal disease or a disability and are under the age of 65, you can still have an Oklahoma Medicare Advantage plan.
Top-rated Medicare Advantage Providers in Oklahoma
- Coventry: Coventry offers both a PPO and an HMO that have earned high star ratings from Medicare for quality.
- Humana: Humana has enrolled slightly over one-quarter of members of Medicare Advantage plans in Oklahoma.
- Community Care: This smaller insurance company has a market share of 23 percent.
Popular Medicare Advantage Plan Types in Oklahoma
Best for network freedom: Medicare Advantage PPO
PPO Plans have benefits such as $0 to $100 monthly premiums, more extensive networks for Medicare beneficiaries, and no referral requirements for specialists.
Best for lowest out-of-pocket: Medicare Advantage HMO
HMO plan benefits include $0 monthly premiums and lower out-of-pocket costs because they utilize their own referral network.
Best for low income or health conditions: Medicare Advantage D-SNP
A dual enrollment special heeds plan is suitable for those with low income and pre-existing health conditions and allows for enrollment in both Medicare and Medicaid. This plan type will help with expenses for the Part B premium, copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and monthly premiums.
Medicare Enrollment Facts:
1. Number of lives enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Oklahoma: 190,000
2. Number enrolled by plan, specifically the three plans below:
Local HMO: 82,993
Local PPO: 44,002
Regional PPO: 4,329
3. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Oklahoma: 21%
4. Number of people enrolled in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 26 million
5. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare advantage nationwide: 42%
How much does Medicare Advantage in Oklahoma cost?
In Oklahoma, HMO and PPO plans will vary from one county to another. HMO plans, in most states, cost $0 per month. Some PPO plans also do, but it is more common to see PPOs with premiums.
The average Medicare plan with a prescription drug plan is $21 a month in Oklahoma.
How much do Advantage Plans cost in Oklahoma?
PPO Plan $0.00 to $21.00
HMO Plan $0.00
When can I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
Initial Enrollment Period
At this age or older, you can join health plans Medicare Part A, and Part B. Eligibility occurs at 65. You have seven months to enroll: three months before your birthday, during your birthday month, or three months after your birthday.
Open Enrollment Period/AKA Annual Election Period
You can join, drop, or change your plan from October 15th until December 7th. Coverage for Part C starts January 1st as long as the plan is completed by December 7th.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
From January 1st through March 31st, you can switch plans, join Original Medicare or join a Medicare Supplement plan.
Special Enrollment Periods/Special Circumstances
Medicare recognizes there are times when special circumstances apply. See below for special enrollment qualifications.
- Change of address
- Plan changes with Medicare
- Loss of current coverage
- Coverage through an employer (VA/Tricare/PACE)
Other special considerations may include:
- Eligibility for both Medicare and Medicaid
- Extra Help – An income-based federal program to help enrollees pay monthly premiums, annual deductibles, and copayments related to Medicare Part D.
- Dropping a Medicare Supplement or Medigap plan
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program enrollment
- Special needs or a disability
5-star Special Enrollment Period
The five-star rating enrollment is open from December 8th until November 30th. This enrollment period can only be used once.
Visit here to learn more.
Special Enrollment Periods if you get “Extra Help.”
Extra help is available due to your eligibility for it, along with eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid or enrollment into the State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program. If you receive Extra Help, you can enroll from January to March, April to June, or July to September.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medicare Advantage options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation’s top-rated Medicare Advantage carriers. Call us today, or request a quote online to learn more about plan options.
- Medicare Advantage Plans in 2022
- Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Florida
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Pennsylvania
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in California
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online