Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
Medicare Advantage plans in Ohio are layered coverage that includes the following:
– Medicare Part A
– Medicare Part B
– Medicare Part D
Part A and Part B make up Original Medicare, and Medicare Advantage is known as Part C. Part C is one plan that covers hospital insurance(Medicare Part A), medical insurance (Medicare Part B), and prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D).
Medicare Advantage Plan in Ohio has topped Original Medicare and has become the more popular coverage option. Insurance carriers provide Part C plans and benefits connected to a service area of certain hospitals, healthcare facilities, and specific network providers.
Top-rated Medicare Advantage Plan Companies in Ohio
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
Popular Medicare Advantage Plan Types in Ohio
Best for network freedom: Medicare Advantage PPO
PPO Plans Benefits:
– Larger network and no referrals
– $0 to $100 per month for PPO premiums
Best for lowest out-of-pocket: Medicare Advantage HMO Plan
– HMO Premiums are generally $0 cost monthly premium
– Lower out-of-pocket because it uses the HMO referral network
Best for low-income or health conditions: Medicare Advantage D-SNP
If you should have low income or health conditions, then a Special needs plan (SNP) is best. It will help with the costs of the following:
- Part B premium
- Monthly premiums
Note: You can have Medicare and Medicaid to help with costs.
Ohio Enrollment facts:
1. Number of lives enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Ohio: 1 million
2. Number enrolled by plan, specifically the three plans below:
Local HMO: 470,645
Local PPO: 343,915
Regional PPO: 43,038
3. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Ohio: 42%
4. Number of people enrolled in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 29.5
5. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 42%
How much does Medicare Advantage in Ohio cost?
Most states have an HMO plan that offers a $0 per month premium and a PPO with $0 monthly premiums. However, it is becoming more standard to see PPOs with premiums.
Plan availability varies from county to county. The average Medicare plan with a prescription drug plan in Ohio is $43 a month. The Part D drug deductible is about $116.
How much do Advantage Plans cost in Ohio?
PPO Plan $0.00 to $43.00
HMO Plan $0.00
When can I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
You can enroll in Medicare Advantage plans during specific times of the year.
Initial Enrollment Period
Eligibility for Initial enrollment happens at 65.
At 65, you are eligible to join the health plans Medicare Part A and Part B.
Open Enrollment Period – AKA Annual Election Period
October 15th until December 7th is when you can join, drop, or make changes to an Ohio Medicare Advantage Plan. Coverage for Part C starts January 1st, provided the plan is complete and turned in by December 7th.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
You can switch plans or join Original Medicare or a Medicare Supplement plan from January 1st until March 31st.
Special Enrollment Periods – Special Circumstances
When special circumstances in life arise, you may need to change your Medicare Advantage and Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. Events that warrant changes would be an address change, your plan changes with Medicare, losing current coverage, or having the ability to have coverage with your employer (VA/Tricare/PACE).
Other special considerations may also include the following:
– You being eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid
– Eligibility for Extra Help
– State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program enrollment
– dropping off a Medigap plan
– Special needs or a disability
5-star Special Enrollment Period
From December 8th until November 30th, beneficiaries can use the five-star enrollment period once. Satisfaction surveys rate plans which help compare them based on their quality and performance. The five-star rating is the highest rating to be given. To learn more about this rating, visit here.
Special Enrollment Periods if you get “Extra Help.”
Special enrollment applies to you if you receive extra help, qualify for extra help, qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, or enroll in the State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program.
Ready to learn more?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medicare Advantage options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation’s top-rated Medicare Advantage carriers. Call us today, or request a quote online to learn more about plan options.
- Medicare Advantage Plans in 2022
- Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Florida
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Pennsylvania
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in California
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online