Medicare Advantage Plans in Indiana
A Medicare Advantage plan in Indiana is an all-in-one plan that bundles three parts of Medicare, which are:
A Medicare Advantage plan is also known as Part C.
The Part C plan covers the following:
– Hospital insurance (Medicare Part A)
– Medical insurance (Medicare Part B)
– Prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D)
Without Part D, Part A and Part B make up Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans in Indiana have quickly become the more popular option.
Medicare Part C plans are offered through health insurance carriers who have different plans with specific network providers. Within these networks, Medicare beneficiaries will have particular hospitals and healthcare facilities accepting their coverage.
Top Medicare Advantage Companies in Indiana
Here are some of the private insurance companies offering Medicare Advantage plans for 2022:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Anthem HealthKeepers
- Indiana University Health Plans
- Lasso Healthcare
Popular Medicare Advantage Plan Types in Indiana
Best for network freedom: Medicare Advantage PPO
PPO plans have a more extensive network and no referrals and cost $0 to $100 per month for PPO premiums
Specific PPO Plans may or may not include the following:
- Gym memberships/SilverSneakers
- Meal delivery
- Telehealth visits
- Medical appointment transportation to primary care physician
- Over-the-counter prescription allowance
Best for lowest out-of-pocket: Medicare Advantage HMO Plan
HMO Premiums are generally $0 cost monthly premium Lower out of pocket because it uses the HMO referral network
Best for low-income or health conditions: Medicare Advantage D-SNP
For anyone with health conditions or low income or health conditions, then a Special needs plan (SNP) would be best.
This plan will help with Part B premiums, copayments, coinsurance, deductibles, and monthly premiums.
Also, you can have Medicare and Medicaid to help with costs.
Indiana Enrollment Facts:
1. Number of lives enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Indiana: 367,882
2. Number enrolled by plan, specifically the three plans below:
Local HMO: 112,584
Local PPO: 194,984
Regional PPO: 40,552
3. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage in Indiana: 35%
4. Number of lives enrolled in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 24.1 million
5. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare advantage Nationwide: 39%
How much does Medicare Advantage in Indiana cost?
Plan availability varies from county and state. In most states, HMO and PPO plans have a $0 per month premium. However, it is becoming more common for PPO plans to have premiums.
The average Medicare plan with a prescription drug plan in Indiana is $21 a month.
The Part D plan drug deductible is about $145.
How much do Advantage Plans cost in Indiana?
PPO Plan $0.00 to $21.00
HMO Plan $0.00
When can I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
You can enroll in Medicare Advantage plans during specific times of the year.
– Initial Enrollment
– Open Enrollment
– Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment
– Special Enrollment-Special Considerations
– Special Enrollment-Extra Help
– 5 Star Rating Enrollment
Initial Enrollment Period
Eligibility for Initial enrollment is based on age. When you turn 65, you are eligible to join Medicare Part A and Part B (Original Medicare) health plans.
Open Enrollment Period/AKA Annual Election Period
October 15th until December 7th
This period allows for joining, dropping, or making changes to a Medicare Advantage Plan in Indiana. Coverage for Part C starts January 1rst as long as the plan’s enrollment is completed by December 7th.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
January 1st until March 31rst
You can switch plans or join Original Medicare or a Medicare Supplement plan during this time.
Special Enrollment Periods/Special Circumstances
When special circumstances in life arise, you may need to change your Medicare Advantage and Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. Events such as:
– An address change
– Plan changes with Medicare
– Losing current coverage
– Having the ability to have coverage with your employer (VA/Tricare/PACE)
Other special considerations may also include the following:
– Eligibility for both Medicare and Medicaid
– Eligibility for Extra Help
– State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program enrollment
– Dropping off a Medigap plan
– Special needs or a disability
5-star Special Enrollment Period
December 8th until November 30th
- The five-star rating enrollment period can only be used once.
- Plans are rated with satisfaction surveys.
- Helps compare plans based on their quality and performance.
- The five-star rating is the highest rating to be given to plans.
Special Enrollment Periods if you get “Extra Help.”
Special enrollment for Extra Help applies to you if you qualify for:
– Extra help
– Eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid
– Enrollment into the State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program.
Ready to learn more?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medicare Advantage options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation’s top-rated Medicare Advantage carriers. Call us today, or request a quote online to learn more about plan options.
- Medicare Advantage Plans in 2022
- Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Florida
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Pennsylvania
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in California
- In Indiana, PPO Medicare Advantage plans are very popular for many Medicare beneficiaries.
- Most of the Medicare Advantage plans in Indiana include prescription drug coverage. These are known as Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plans.
- To find the best Medicare Advantage plan in Indiana, compare plan options, rates, and benefits. If you want one of our insurance agents to help, you compare plans, feel free to call us.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online