Medicare Advantage Plans in Arkansas
Purchasing a Medicare Advantage plan in Arkansas is a good choice if you want to roll your Original Medicare benefits (Part A and Part B), prescription drug coverage, and extra benefits into one plan.
The coverage of a typical Medicare Advantage plan in Arkansas includes:
- Medicare Part A: Hospital insurance
- Medicare Part B: Medical insurance
- Medicare Part D: Prescription drug coverage
Top-rated Medicare Advantage Providers in Arkansas
Here are some of the private insurance companies offering Medicare Advantage plans for 2022:
- USAble Mutual
- Care Improvement Plus
- Coventry Health
- Windsor Health Plan
- Windsor Health
Popular Medicare Advantage Plan Types in Arkansas
Generally, Medicare beneficiaries zero in on MA health plans that provide the most comprehensive Medicare coverage available at affordable rates. However, to personalize your search, an insurance agent can help you narrow down health insurance coverage options based on your priorities, including flexibility and minimal out-of-pocket costs.
To get started, consider the benefits of different MA insurance plans.
Best for network choice: Medicare Advantage PPO plans
- More extensive network than other MA plans, and no referrals needed to see specialists
- Out-of-network coverage is available at a higher cost for most services
- Monthly premiums: $0 up to $100
Best for lowest out-of-pocket cost: Medicare Advantage HMO plans
- Low out-of-pocket costs combined with zero-premium plans
- Benefits tied to use of network
- Need to get a referral from a primary care physician before specialists are covered
Best for people with low income or serious health conditions: Medicare Advantage D-SNP
- A Special Needs Plan (SNP) is framed to arrange tailored health care for specific types of ailments.
- D-SNP refers to a type of SNP for dual-eligible beneficiaries, meaning they have both Medicare and Medicaid.
- People with dual eligibility get help paying for coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles.
Following are the primary elements of Medicare Advantage, often referred to as MA or Medicare Part C:
- Must be purchased from a private insurance company approved by Medicare
- Beneficiary must first be enrolled in Original Medicare
- May have to pay a monthly premium for MA on top of your Part B premium.
- The standard monthly Medicare Part B premium for 2023 is $164.90.
- The annual Part B deducible for 2023 is $226.
- Benefits are usually contingent upon using network providers (doctors, hospitals, and health care facilities)
- Additional coverage beyond Original Medicare may include dental, vision, hearing, transportation for doctor visits, and gym memberships
- Referred to as a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plan when prescription drugs are included
Arkansas Enrollment Facts:
1. Number of enrollees in Medicare Advantage in Arkansas: 195,000
2. Number of enrollees in Arkansas Medicare Advantage plans by type:
Local HMO: 62,202
Local PPO: 24,661
Regional PPO: 41,786
3. Percentage of enrollees in Medicare Advantage in Arkansas: 32%
4. Number of enrollees in Medicare Advantage nationwide: Expected to reach 29.5 million in 2022
5. Percentage of enrollees in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 42%
How much does Medicare Advantage in Arkansas cost?
Of the 49 MAPD plans available in Arkansas, the average 2021 monthly premium is $22.35. Premiums and availability of plans will vary across the state.
Generally, HMO plans are available without a premium. PPO plans may also have a zero premium but can be as high as $100 per month.
How much do Advantage Plans cost in Arkansas?
PPPO Plan $0.00 to $22.35
HMO Plan $0.00
When can I enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
Initial Enrollment Period
- Seven-month period, which includes three months before your 65th birthday, your birthday month, and three months after your birthday
- Should sign up three months before the month of your birthday to ensure coverage is in effect on your birthday
- Enroll in Original Medicare before you apply for an MA plan – you must have Part A and Part B
Open Enrollment Period – aka Annual Election Period
- October 15 – December 7
- Coverage effective January 1
- Can join an MA plan as well as a switch or drop an MA plan if you already have one
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
- January 1 – March 31
- Coverage effective the first of the month after the insurer receives your request
- Cannot change from Original Medicare to an MA plan, can only switch or drop an MA plan
Special Enrollment Periods – Special Circumstances
Examples of special circumstances that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period:
- Moved outside your plan’s service area
- Medicaid eligibility ended
- Have new options for enrolling in an employer or group health insurance plan
- Lost employer or union group health insurance
5-star Special Enrollment Period
- Can switch to a 5-star-rated MA or prescription drug plan
- One opportunity between December 8 and November 30
Special Enrollment Periods if you get “Extra Help”
If you participate in the Extra Help program and one of the following applies to you, then you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period:
- Have both Medicare and Medicaid: One change allowed during each of the first three quarters of the year
- Qualify for Extra Help for prescription drug coverage: One change allowed during each of the first three quarters of the year
- Current or past member of the State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (SPAP): One change between January 1 and December 31
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medicare Advantage options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation’s top-rated Medicare Advantage carriers. Give us a call today, or request a quote online to learn more about plan options.
- Medicare Advantage Plans in 2022
- Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Florida
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Pennsylvania
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in California
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online