Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
A Medicare Advantage plan in Arizona combines Medicare Part A (hospital) and Medicare Part B (outpatient and medical) coverage into one plan. Advantage plans frequently include Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage).
Medicare Advantage is enjoying a rise in popularity among Medicare beneficiaries. Private insurance companies provide the benefits and handle customer service. But it's important to remember the following about an Advantage:
- You're still in the Medicare program
- You still get Part A and Part B coverage
- You still have the rights and protections of Medicare
- You must continue paying your Part B premium. The standard monthly Part B premium is $170.10 in 2022. The annual deductible for Medicare Part B beneficiaries is $226 in 2023
Popular Medicare Advantage Plan Types in Arizona
Best network freedom: Medicare Advantage PPO
- PPOs typically have a more extensive network
- Doesn't require specialist referrals
- Monthly premiums range from $0 to $100.
Best for lowest out-of-pocket: Medicare Advantage HMO Plan
- HMO plans typically offer low or no deductibles
- Lower out-of-pocket expenses because it uses a referral network
- Premiums are generally $0
Best for low-income or health conditions: Medicare Advantage D-SNIP
- Care plan targeted toward a specific chronic condition
- Beneficiaries can have Medicare and Medicaid, which lowers out-of-pocket costs for copayments and premiums.
Medicare Advantage plans are a good fit for many Arizona Medicare beneficiaries. Nationally, enrollment in MA insurance plans continues to steady growth, increasing by 9.6% over last year. At the same time, enrollment in Original Medicare declined by 2.6%. We think the future looks bright for Medicare Advantage in Arizona.
- Number enrolled in Advantage in Arizona: 572,322
- Number enrolled by plan:
- Local HMO: 348,945
- Local PPO: 35,338
- Regional PPO: 7,541
- Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Advantage in Arizona: 42%
- Number enrolled in Medicare nationwide: 29.5 million
- Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage nationwide: 42%
How much does Medicare Advantage in Arizona cost?
Monthly premiums for an Arizona Medicare Advantage plan will vary based on location and whether it's an HMO or PPO. HMO premiums are typically lower than PPOs. The average price for an Arizona Advantage plan that includes drug coverage is $18.00.
How much do Advantage Plans cost in Arizona
PPO Plan $0 to $18.00
HMO Plan $0.00
When can you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan?
Eligibility for a Medicare Advantage plan hinges on enrolling in Medicare Parts A and B.
Following are the enrollment periods for Medicare Advantage:
Initial Enrollment Period
Your Initial Enrollment Period is a seven-month period that starts three months before you're first eligible for Medicare and ends three months after.
- Eligible due to age: the month you turn 65
- Eligible due to disability: the 25th month of receiving disability payments
- Eligible due to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS): the first month you receive disability benefits
- For everyone, the IEP is a one-time event.
Open Enrollment Period – AKA Annual Election Period
- October 15 – December 7
- Can sign up for, switch, or leave a Medicare Part C plan
- Those with end-stage renal disease can join Medicare Advantage during open enrollment.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
- January 1 – March 31
- Can switch MA plans or leave an MA plan and return to Original Medicare
- You can enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan if you left Medicare Advantage and returned to Original Medicare
Special Enrollment Periods
- Periods outside the regular enrollment periods to join Medicare Part B
- Not tied to a specific time frame
- Based on circumstances, such as losing job-based health insurance, moving out of the plan's service area, or the insurance company opting out of its contract with Medicare.
- Must sign up for Part B before enrolling in Medicare Advantage
Calling one of our insurance agents will help determine whether you meet the criteria for special enrollment.
5-star Special Enrollment Period
- You can leave your Advantage plan and change to a plan with a 5-star rating.
Special Enrollment Periods if you get "Extra Help."
- Qualify for Medicare and Medicaid: You can join, drop, or change MA plans once a quarter for the year's first three quarters. (You cannot use this special enrollment option from October through December.)
- Qualify for help for drug coverage: You can join, drop, or change drug coverage options.
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program: You can join a Medicare Part D drug or Medicare Advantage plan with Part D coverage included if you're enrolled or lose coverage through SPAP.
Ready to Learn More?
We help educate Medicare beneficiaries on their Medicare Advantage options and help them go through the process of reviewing and comparing plans. We work with most of the nation's top-rated Medicare Advantage carriers. Call us today, or request a quote online to learn more about plan options
- Medicare Advantage Plans in 2022
- Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Florida
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Arizona
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Ohio
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Pennsylvania
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans in California
- If you choose a Medicare Advantage plan, you'll get all of your benefits through one plan. Here's how it works:
- Most Advantage plans use an approved network of providers, but plans are required to cover emergency care outside the network service area.
- Most MA health plans include Part D coverage. These are called MAPD plans or Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plans.
- Advantage plans usually include extra benefits such as wellness programs, over-the-counter medicine coverage, and vision and fitness programs.
- MA plans have a cap on out-of-pocket spending. Once you reach that limit, you won't pay anything for covered care.
Call to speak with a licensed insurance agent now.(888) 414-4547
Or enter your zip code to shop online